Let's just start off with the "Signs" of why we should have stayed home.
- Laundry was NOT dry before we left. Coming home to Mildew laundry...gross.
- CY was LATE bringing the car over.
- We didn't start packing until 11:30 pm, we signed out at 12.
- Could NOT find where Dustin was supposed to sign out at. We wandered aimlessly around Ft. Bragg for two hours trying to find command.
- Right around the SC/NC border it started to snow.
- We started running out of gas in the middle of NOWHERE.
- The GPS took us the back route into BFE GA.
- We got stuck in someones driveway in the afore mentioned BFE.
- Just as we got UNSTUCK, we ran out of gas at the bottom of a hill, and almost ended up in a ditch trying to make it to the top of a hill covered in 4 inches of ice.
- Got a tow to the TOP of the hill, only to find out that our POV which is front wheel manual drive, has bald tires.
- Got ripped off by the tow truck driver that the Cops called to tow us to the gas station. $125 for a 1/2 mile tow.
- Got accused of loitering and being homeless as we waited for our SECOND tow truck driver to come take us all the way BACK to Augusta to get new tires.
- All the tire shops were either closed or couldn't get our tires for two days.
- Had to rent a UHAUL just to make it out of GA.
- Husband put DIESEL gas in an UNLEADED tank.
- Drove 10-25 miles an hour for almost a whole day trying to make it out of GA.
- Once in Atlanta, I-20 was closed and all streets leading onto I-20 were blocked off.
- Wandered around in circles in GA till we could make it on to I-20.
- As soon as we made in ON to the stupid freeway, we almost slid off a bridge.
- Had to sleep in the cab of the Uhaul. 3 seats, Dustin and I...and the dog.
Being home was great though. It made me realize that as much as I THINK I hate NC in my head, I hate it more...
It went far to fast, and I didn't get to see everyone that I wanted to see. But at least I had the opportunity to see my family and some close friends.
So...Here are some of the pictures from our trip.