Thursday, January 6, 2011

Let's talk Turkey, and by Turkey I mean Babies!

There seems to be this aura in the air, that now that Dustin and I are married, We need to start popping out babies.

Albeit that I do want kids, ONE DAY.

There are specific things that need to happen before that time.

1. I'd like to get our cars and the bike payed off before hand.
2. I'd like to be ALMOST finished with school.
3. I'd like to be in a bigger home. Babies take up space.
4. I'd prefer it if Dustin was out of the Army before hand, but I'm not too concerned with that.
and finally.
5. I'd like for my husband and I both to not have the mental range of our 5 year old counter parts.

The truth is, we're just not ready. We're still trying to get to know each other. We are still enjoying being newly weds. And we've talked about it. That if it just HAPPENS, then we'll be over the moon excited.  But for now, we just want to have fun with it being just the two of us.

5 comments:

  1. Just ignore everybody. Do it when you and Dustin are ready and not when anyone else is. I completely agree with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Jennifer on this one. Make sure yall do it because yall want to.

    I agree with you reasons on waiting. Yall dont know a lot about each other and this is yalls time to get to now each other without having to worry about a baby. Enjoy life without children because they take up a lot of your years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not that I don't want babies. I just at least want to make it to a year. At least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am TOTALLY on your page!!! Well said!! It is NUTS how many people think just because you were married yesterday that you should have babies today!! Nope! Enjoy the time together while you have it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck yeah! WE still have so much stuff we wanna do before we have little ones running around.

    ReplyDelete