Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tick-Tock

"Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man who can't sleep with the window shut, and a woman who can't sleep with the window open."  ~George Bernard Shaw


My husband is fast asleep. Has been for about two hours now.


I honestly envy him. The man could fall asleep standing up in the middle of a Tornado on the fourth of July strapped to a rocket heading towards outer space.


Meanwhile, the Dog has decided that Dustin is in charge, and refuses to listen to me. If this is any sort of forward look into us having children, I feel I may have to beat my children senseless. (Only Joking)


But as I sit here and watch him sleep, Creepy I know. I realize just how lucky I truly am.


Not too long ago, I was sitting in my room at my parents house thinking to myself, "If I could only find someone that I could truly be myself with, I'd be happy for the rest of my life."


Flash forward a year and here I am. Married. Rapidly approaching 30. Married. Did I mention Married?


Sometimes, I look at him and I think, "Holy CRAP! I'm married. I'm someones Wife. I'm someones Other half, Their Beloved, Their ball and chain."


When the HELL did this happen?


Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I love Dustin more than I could possibly love anything. But, it seems like yesterday that I was sitting in a tree with a broken arm, talking to  squirrels, making up excuses as to why I couldn't do my homework. 


I'm MARRIED...This is tripping me out. 


On a different note, We're heading home to Texas in five short days. Which means a few things.


One. I desperately need to get my rear in gear and start cleaning this apartment for real, so I don't leave it a mess.


Two. We HAVE to eat all the perishable food before we leave...(Hope you like lots of veggies honey)


Three. I seriously need to do the rest of the laundry, Being Naked in Texas doesn't sound fun.


And Finally, We HAVE to go to Target to get the kids Christmas presents.


But I am thoroughly looking forward to spending some much needed time with our families. Being halfway across the country isn't too fun for the both of us. Dang our fams for being so cool.


Alright. Well, Looks like bedtime for the Mrs.
I'm posting pictures of Dustin and the dog hogging the bed as proof that they both kick me off in the middle of the night...Jerks. :D


I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering where the bedding is yall bought while here? Just curious.
    I always love watching my family sleep. They are so sweet like that...
    Thank you for loving my son so much. He is a very special young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the sheets, but I had to wash the comforter because Dustin spilled Spaghetti sauce on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sicks I hope the sauce comes out.

    ReplyDelete