Friday, January 7, 2011

The difference between You and I:

Last night my husband tells me "What are we doing tomorrow?" I tell him, "Nothing that I know of".
He gets the bright idea to take me to dinner. Great. Now, It's the day we're supposed to go to dinner and I am waiting for him to come home. So I do what any normal woman does. I do my hair, my makeup and finish cleaning the house.

When he gets home, I'm sitting in the shirt that I did my make up in. A very very very lowcut number, One from my single days, What I call my "Boob" shirts. Not exactly Romantic dinner and evening alone with your husband shirts. He comes in and simply says, I'll take a shower and we can go. Now I'm sitting here telling him that I need to just change my shirt and we can leave.

He looks very hurt and confused.

He tells me "But that's a great shirt"

I inform him, that this shirt is not appropriate for tonight. One it's too flipping cold. and two, it's a slutty shirt.

He doesn't get that when you get married,Women don't feel the need to wear the "Men grabbing" clothing they wore when they were single. I'm not trying to nab anyones attention except his.

So I guess my question is, Do I keep all my slut garb from my single days? Or opt for classier chic-er look? I vote Classy but maybe I should skank it up to make him feel better. lol

4 comments:

  1. I vote classy...The other can be saved for the bedroom only...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable. But, always keep some of the old stuff... They deserve a little of what drew them in to us in the first place. I think if you would have worn that out, for him it would have been sexy, but if other men look your way, he has that "she is all mine" idea floating around. It is like he can then gloat. Men are men. And I would not give up sexy. You can be classy AND sexy at the same time. Work it girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to decide if something is sexy or trashy. I think there is a balance. I think a classy sexy for your husband is always a good thing. I know some of the Doug he thinks is sexy I think is trashy. So we have to find a balance in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott and I actually just had this conversation last night. You don't want to wear anything out that would make other guys swoon after you, so keep it looking nice for outside wear. So like Lori said and a classy sexy.

    ReplyDelete